Need serious advise about my fermentation!

Mead, wine, beer, and any other form of alcoholic beverages, as well as vinegar.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Need serious advise about my fermentation!

Postby Wiganal on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:27 am

Hello all, I am new to this site and wine making!

Yesterday I made a gallon of strawberry ribena wine, I got my recipe from someone off YouTube! That batch is fermenting fine! It's bubbling away!

I made another gallon in a separate DJ and I added 100% concentrate mixed fruits, it had banana, pineapple passion fruit etc!
I left the wine over night and there is a layer of slush floating on top of the liquid. (the liquid was cloudy yesterday which I'm guessing's fruit)

Do I need to leave the slush on top of the wine for 4 - 5 weeks or do I have to filter it? I will try and post a picture so you see what I mean!

Thank you for reading! I hope someone can help!
Wiganal

Re: Need serious advise about my fermentation!

Postby Christopher Weeks on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 am

ADMIN NOTE: There is a thing happening where posts get held by the database or software or something, sometimes for a day, sometimes for three weeks. I've been away for four days, but the software is telling me that this post was made on 8 April and this is the first I've seen of it as requesting approval. So, Wiganal, sorry for the delay, this is a new thing we don't yet know what's going on. Welcome to the forum!
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Return to Alcohol Ferments