Wow! A Reuben sandwich!!

Everything else!

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Wow! A Reuben sandwich!!

Postby blk on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:54 pm

I was kind of bored today so I decided to experiment with a Reuben Sandwich made with jalapeno pepper baloney from HEB, spicy ranch dressing, swiss cheese and my fermented kraut. I know heating it may have killed the good bacteria but was it AWESOME! So I am sharing my sandwich with you. I call it my HEB Jalapeno Baloney Reuben.

Two slices of bread buttered on one side
Three slices of Jalapeno pepper baloney.
Two slices swiss cheese
Spicy Ranch salad dressing
About 1/4 cup of your home fermented kraut.

Butter the bread, add three slices baloney on unbuttered side, two slices of cheese and kraut and about 2-3 tblsp of ranch dressing. Place the sandwich with butter side down on a hot frying pan and fry for a few minutes until toasted.
Flip it to other butter side down and cover with a small pot cover. Toast on low until toasted and the cheese is melted. Yummy!
Please let me know what you think if you try it. I used my George Foreman grill.
blk

Re: Wow! A Reuben sandwich!!

Postby blk on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:52 pm

Just made another one. It truly is darn good as they say where I live.
Please let me know what you think if you try one. Just interested in other people's taste for the different.
blk

Postby Christopher Weeks on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:44 am

We make vegetarian reubens occasionally with my kraut. We use black rye, russian dressing, swiss, and either tempeh or a vegan "corned beef".
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Postby Tibor on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Ya, gotta have real rye bread to call it a Reuben. Haven't made tempeh in awhile but that was my favorite Reuben with Sandor's onion 100% sourdough rye.
Tibor

Postby blk on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:49 pm

You are dead on and I been using whole wheat. I am headed to the store to get some rye bread today. Also some Russian dressing since I been using Ranch Spicy. I will let you all know again.
blk

Return to Miscellaneous