I experiment too much...new fermented foods I eat

Everything else!

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

I experiment too much...new fermented foods I eat

Postby MDee on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:42 pm

I just found this forum and think it awesome...I love sharing ideas but most people are scared of fermented foods and don't like to talk about them. Anyway I've come up with some new foods that are microbe rich/fermented. I'll just link you too them on my blog if that's cool cause its a lot to write....but if its a problem I could just copy and paste them.(cause I'm not going for blog hits or whatever)

(the how to links have pic's too)

Note - Its a health blog, I believe fermented foods are the healthiest and densest nutritionally

Fermented Dried Egg Whites
http://upside-down-nutrition.blogspot.com/2011/09/fermented-and-dried-egg-whites-have-you.html
How to
http://upside-down-nutrition.blogspot.com/p/egg-whites-how-to.html

Clay Water (yes its microbe based)

How to
http://upside-down-nutrition.blogspot.com/p/clay-water-how-to.html
This is explains why I do it and think its worth it (if your interested)
http://upside-down-nutrition.blogspot.com/2011/10/fruits-and-vegetablesunnecessary.html

I've studied health and fermented foods quite a bit so I definitely have my opinions and beliefs....yet I change a lot too. So if you have ideas i'd love to hear them, discussion is fine too...so long as its academic.

I get all my minerals from the water I believe. And I believe the whites provide my fat soluble vitamins (A, D, K, and likely some E too)
Last edited by MDee on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDee

Re: I experiment too much...new fermented foods I eat

Postby Denise on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 am

Hi MDee,

I have read that ocean veggies have the most minerals of any other plant. I would suggest fermenting them to get very rich microbes and minerals. I purchase mine from Maine Coast Sea Vegetables. I haven't tried fermenting them yet; I make a 12 hour infusion from them since I'm so busy fermenting fresh pressed veggies juices. Maybe fermenting them will be my next experiment!
Fermentation Blessings!
Denise
Denise

Postby Denise on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 am

Do you know what kind of bacteria are in the fermented egg whites? I can't have yeast.
Fermentation Blessings!
Denise
Denise

Postby MDee on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:13 am

I don't know what kind of microbes ferment the egg whites but I will one day when I have the money and access to a lab.

(I'm pretty sure there isn't any yeast in it, there isn't any sugar in an egg white) Also an elderly lady who is severely allergic (lethally allergic to many common foods and medications) has taken it and improved her nightly sleep from only one (1) hour per day/night to sleeping 5 or more each day/night. (I don't know how she has lived on so little sleep in the past but some how she did)

From my experience and the experience of others I believe very strongly that the microbes in it supply a very dense source of vitamins A, D, and K, possibly E. (And I don't mean beta carotene vitamin A)

It provides a tremendous amount of energy, heals skin condition (even very severe ones quickly), heals aches, back pain, joint pain, and overall improves one's health. Fat soluble vitamins control the uptake and usage of all water soluble vitamins, minerals and proteins. Its is critical to health. I highly recommend http://www.westonaprice.org if you would like to learn more.

Also I find it interesting that the poorer the diet of one taking the white that they have to consume more of them more often. Eating the way I do I only eat a couple of spoonfuls maybe once per month. I think many diets, including SAD deplete critical fat soluable vitamins way too quickly. Hence I believe there is a significant deficiency in nearly everyone.

I have tried to ferment kelp before, didn't turn out too well but that was years ago. I'm looking for solutions also that are extremely cheap and that anyone even in a very impoverished state could provide for themselves. Also since I have very little money what I am currently doing works very well for me. Please let me know how experimenting with sea vegetables goes. I hope it is palatable.
Last edited by MDee on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDee

Postby MDee on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:26 am

Also something to note is that with the clay water, I change out the clay after drinking about 3 quarts to 1 gallon of water. So I'll often change out my clay three times per day. I don't know the weight of the clay but volume wise I use about 2-3 gallons of clay/dirt. Considering the fact that I'm regrowing a tooth that was in need of a root canal I think I'm getting a ton of minerals in comparison to any food I've tried before.

I change it when the water doesn't taste as good...and it tastes better than any fresh spring water I've ever had. (I've had quite a bit too)
MDee

Postby Denise on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:49 pm

MDee wrote: I highly recommend http://www.westonaprice.org if you would like to learn more.

I searched the Weston Price website for "fermented egg whites", and couldn't find a match. Please advise.
Fermentation Blessings!
Denise
Denise

Postby MDee on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:27 pm

No I meant http://www.westonaprice.org discusses in detail the necessity of vit A in retinol form (not from from carrots/veggies in beta carotene form)

As far as fermented egg whites that is one of the foods I have created because of experimenting. You can read how I came up with (the short story on my blog) but the idea is my own. So there isn't any formal research about it. I'm sharing it because it has helped myself and others a great deal...but I do realize it is unorthodox and "not healthy" by modern medical/nutrition standards. But there are those who will stick to the "status quo" til they die...even when there is something better.

This why my blog is titled "Upside Down Nutrition"...its for people who are willing to think and then step outside the known to find something better.

http://upside-down-nutrition.blogspot.com/
MDee

I now only eat fermented/microbe rich foods. That's it

Postby MDee on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:01 pm

I've added a new fermented food (egg yolks), that I had experimented with before. I now only eat fermented foods (microbe rich). I am healing even faster than I ever have before. I have believed fermented foods were the most nutritious...now after years I have managed to now exclusively eat them and I am even more convinced of their value.

http://upside-down-nutrition.blogspot.com/p/fermented-egg-yolk-how-to.html
(doesn't have pictures because my camera is missing...whoops)

I am also working on another fermented food that I hope will even be more nutritionally dense.
MDee

Postby lealdragon on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 am

Hi, I'm new to fermenting and to this forum. I have both of Sandor's fermenting books and just got my first few batches going!

I'm intrigued to see that some people eat mostly fermented foods. The reason I'm doing this is that I've always had digestive difficulties. Some things have helped but not completely. I'm hoping fermented foods will be the missing piece for me.

I'm a vegetarian, mostly high-raw vegan. I'm not opposed to using whey as a starter, or if something has a bit of egg in it, but I normally don't eat any animal foods except organic honey. So here is my question: Since I depend mostly on raw, soaked nuts for protein and healthy oils, is it possible to ferment nuts or nut milks? Does anyone have any experience with this? What is the procedure?

Also: Denise, if you're still around, can you tell me how you ferment raw veggie juice? I do a lot of juicing. Thanks!

Thanks in advance!
lealdragon

Postby MDee on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 pm

High fat foods do not ferment very well, they do break down but generally we refer to that fats going rancid because they smell and taste very strong.

You won't get much protein from fermented foods because a significant amount of the protein originally in the food is broken down when it is fermented. (though you will get some protein from the microbes themselves)

I have very severe digestive health problems and have been raw vegan (spouts and such too), and vegetarian. (not to mention many other diets) I would really encourage you to broadly study fat soluble vitamins (A, D and K in particular)

Good luck.
MDee

Next

Return to Miscellaneous