Spurious spam posts in Russian

Everything else!

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Spurious spam posts in Russian

Postby laripu on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Lately there have been spurious spam posts in Russian in various threads. They have nothing to do with fermentation and may be commercial in nature, or more likely they're phishing posts. At least that's how it looks when I run the text through Google translate.

Administrator:
Please remove them, and block the source. Once you've done that, please remove this thread as well.

Thanks.
Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen. - Heinrich Heine.
laripu

Re: Spurious spam posts in Russian

Postby Christopher Weeks on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:07 pm

When you see them, mark them with the ! button and that will highlight them for our attention.
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Postby laripu on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Christopher Weeks wrote:When you see them, mark them with the ! button and that will highlight them for our attention.

I will, and thank you!
Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen. - Heinrich Heine.
laripu

Postby Christopher Weeks on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:03 pm

Also, just so you know, this is nothing new. It comes in waves and has done for years. Right now, when you see that stuff, it's from someone who registered before we imposed the post-approval procedure (In December?). I've been surprised by how many of those there are. New registrants also post stuff like that but it's only visible to Tim and myself and I clear them out, banning and deleting instead of approving.
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Postby laripu on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks for clearing that stuff out, and I promise I'll never post anything commercial, because I have nothing to sell. :D

Edit to add: and I don't speak Russian! :)
laripu

Return to Miscellaneous