Where do seed fermentation topics belong?

Everything else!

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Where do seed fermentation topics belong?

Postby Angel on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks for the assistance!
Angel
Angel

Re: Where do seed fermentation topics belong?

Postby Christopher Weeks on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:35 am

I guess seeds that aren't grains or legumes belong here in misc.

But apply common sense, too: if you want to discuss e.g. making miso out of pumpkin seeds, I'd suggest posting in the legume fermentation board even though they're not legumes, just because interest and subject-matter expertise is going to focus there.
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Postby Angel on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Christopher Weeks wrote:I guess seeds that aren't grains or legumes belong here in misc.

But apply common sense, too: if you want to discuss e.g. making miso out of pumpkin seeds, I'd suggest posting in the legume fermentation board even though they're not legumes, just because interest and subject-matter expertise is going to focus there.

Thanks Christopher- so I guess that if I'm discussing seed cheese it should go in the dairy section for the same reason.
Angel

Postby Christopher Weeks on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:19 am

I don't really know. I'd probably have posted that note over here, but I'm not offended by your choice. :-) If you don't get any traction over there, you can (actually I don't know if you can, but *I* can) move it over here and see if it finds more interest. (I don't know anything about nut cheese, myself.)
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Postby Angel on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Christopher Weeks wrote:I don't really know. I'd probably have posted that note over here, but I'm not offended by your choice. :-) If you don't get any traction over there, you can (actually I don't know if you can, but *I* can) move it over here and see if it finds more interest. (I don't know anything about nut cheese, myself.)

Thanks for offering to move it if necessary- I checked my controls and didn't see an option to do so myself.

Not offended indeed! I should think not since it was your line of reasoning with which I made the decision! ;) I have adapted your statement of logic to fit the situation by replacing necessary items:

"if you want to discuss e.g. making cheese out of sunflowers seeds, I'd suggest posting in the dairy fermentation board even though they're not dairy, just because interest and subject-matter expertise is going to focus there." :D
Angel

Return to Miscellaneous