Returning user

This is the only forum where new users will have permission to post until they have been verified as a real participant by a moderator.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Returning user

Postby Alexandra_P on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Hello,
It has been (years?) I have not been active on the forum. I do Kombucha, Water kefir and have been doing the occasional sourkrout, as well as beet kvass .

I had a question to ask regarding ... using water kefir as a medium to brew medicinal plants : I used to do it with Kombucha and it worked really well, till I was found to be anaemic and iron deficient, so I stopped drinking all Kombucha as it is a known plant to remove excess iron from the body(and any iron at all).
My question is - if I was to brew antifungal / anti-candida plants in my water kefir, would it kill all the beneficial bacteria in it too, hence would it become a sterile drink after a few weeks of brewing?

Brewing the plants in Kombucha REALLY worked - the effects were stronger than drinking herbal teas. I just don't know about Kefir... Maybe the answer is to brew the plants in the kefir anyway, (away from the culture) and then eat sourkrout and other probiotic foods in between drinking the candida treatment (as my worry is those plants may well kill everything in the gut, including the good bacteria, too...)

Just wondering.. If anyone had any experience on candida treatment. Eating probiotics isn't enough to get it out. (I remember a thread I had started and a person had asked to keep them informed...)

Thanks and nice to be around again, I hope I won't forget my username again.
Alexandra_P

Re: Returning user

Postby Alexandra_P on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm

i meant to say "Tea is a well known plant to remove iron from the body". Not Kombucha itself. It's not its fault, is it!
Alexandra_P

Re: Returning user

Postby Christopher Weeks on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Welcome (back)!
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Return to New Users Post an Introduction Here