Need Some Advice

This is the only forum where new users will have permission to post until they have been verified as a real participant by a moderator.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Need Some Advice

Postby buster on Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:43 pm

Hello Everyone,
My name is Terence. I just started making tempeh at home and am completely new to the "art of tempeh." My first three batches are in the garbage, but my fourth batch finally grew into a white mass. However, there is solid black mold around the edge of the cake and it looks like some pockets have started to grow in the fridge. I'm a little freaked out, so I'm looking for advice before I move forward. All of the online sources talk about black spots. But I have large black mold sections on the outer edge of the cake? It doesn't smell bad, no ammonia smell?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to connecting with everyone.

Terence
buster

Re: Need Some Advice

Postby Christopher Weeks on Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:48 am

Welcome to Wild Fermentation! Post your situation in the legume ferments board to get some eyes on it.
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Postby buster on Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:14 am

Hey Christopher, thanks for the heads up!! I'm feeling extremely frustrated right now and somewhat depressed about making tempeh. I did a ton of research ahead of time and invested in equipment. I thought it would be easier. I'm allergic to soy, so I can't consume the tempeh at the store.....

Anyway, I'll follow your suggestion and see if i can get some input from members. Thanks again ; )
buster

Postby Christopher Weeks on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:37 pm

I hope you're able to figure it out. I've only barely made any myself, so I'm not going to be of any help. But the legume ferments board here at this sorta-dying old forum is the most active of the boards, so I'd expect someone to get to answering you within a couple days of posting your questions.
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Return to New Users Post an Introduction Here