Hello

This is the only forum where new users will have permission to post until they have been verified as a real participant by a moderator.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Hello

Postby Eppidog on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:33 am

I was recently introduced to ginger beer and I love it. So seeing I just retired I thought I could give a stab at making my own. After perusing YouTube I found some videos on how to make it. Simple, I thought. Well, first I made the bug, simple enough. Then my first attempt turned into some sort of gelatinous compound that I dare not consume. After another search on the internet and some past experience making candy, I thought I boiled the sugar too long. I made a new bug and started over simmered the brew and bottled it and waited. With some eager anticipation I might add. Same thing, a gelatinous compound, very little flavor and much disappointment. So here are some of my conclusions: my house is too cold, there is something wrong with my bug, I used well water that has an electric ionizer to deal with the high mineral content or I’m missing some pertinent information. Someone please help me! Thanks
Eppidog
Eppidog

Re: Hello

Postby Christopher Weeks on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:58 am

Welcome to Wild Fermentation!

You might want to post in the tonic beverages board to get more eyes on your issue, since this board is only for introductions.

Also, search here for dextran -- that's my first guess, but doesn't explain dull flavors, just the snotty texture.
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Postby Eppidog on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:46 am

Thanks!
Eppidog
Eppidog

Postby ffiliricwilkins4 on Thu May 05, 2022 1:43 am

Hi all. I'm new here. How are you guys doing?
ffiliricwilkins4

Return to New Users Post an Introduction Here