Northern New Jersey

A place for fermentation enthusiasts to find others to connect with in real life.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Northern New Jersey

Postby alice on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi
I have been fermenting for about 2 years now. Kefir/piima/saukercraut/sourdough(unsucessfully)/pickles/sodas/

would love to get together with people in area and learn, exchange ideas about fermenting. also keen on work exchange or apprenticeship. - Alice
alice

Re: Northern New Jersey

Postby Jessi love on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Hey Alice, Im so down! Ill be in central Jersey staying with my parents in July. ... Ive made kimchi and kombucha and would love to do more, and Im especially hoping to connect with some new friends!
Jessi love

Postby elifreedman on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:33 am

Hey -

I realize this thread is a bit old, but I am in Jersey City and would love to meet, learn, share some fermentation tips from others around here. I'm really into kombucha but have also been doing mead recently. Hope to hear back.

Thanks,
Eli
elifreedman

Postby brista on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi, I'm in NYC and will be traveling through Jersey around late August/September. I would love to get together with some folks for a skill share. ~ Brista
brista

Postby celticmandala on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm in Northern New Jersey- West Milford, specifically. I am very interested in getting together with other fermenters. What are folks' schedules like, and where do you all live?

Morrie Shafer
celticmandala

Postby Tracy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:36 am

I am in Hunterdon County NJ. I have been making wine for about 6 years, bread for longer, and I am going to start my first batch of sauerkraut today! I am interested in interacting with like minded people. I am available during the middle of the day (about 11a--6p) and Saturday. Thank you.
Tracy

Postby adissen on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 am

I live in Edison NJ and I would love to get together with fellow fermentation enthusiasts =) I do mostly vegetable/grain/bean ferements (I do not consume dairy very often, but I have had wonderful successes with soymilk yogurt) but want to learn as much as I can about all kinds of fermentations. I'm a community educator, so my schedules changes weekly but weekends are usually on the safe side.
adissen

Postby celticmandala on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:46 pm

I haven't been on here for a while, so didn't see the replies. This is Morrie again. Is anyone still interested in getting together? We should do it! I want to get even more into fermentation in 2010 and am feeling extrememly motivated! My email address is celticmandala@yahoo.com if anyone wants to email me directly. I am a mama of a 2 year old and an herbalist and am really into food/food activism. I love to cook and ferment and would really appreciate learning some new skills hands-on. I'm in West Milford and have a pretty big kitchen, so we could meet here, or I am into travelling to others' places as well.
celticmandala

Postby nasal on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:13 pm

wow, edison? i'm from originally from iselin! y'all should start an email list so i can hop in on a skillshare when i'm home for a visit! i have kefir grains i could bring!
nasal

Postby sarahinnisnj on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Has anyone gotten together from this thread? I'm in Clifton, NJ and would love to connect with others who are fermenting in the area. I do milk kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut (but it's not great, I need help), sourdough(but we're trying wheat free for my daughter's issues), yogurt, pickled beets and water kefir (we didn't like it).
sarahinnisnj

Next

Return to Fermentation Connection