Rash?

Yogurt, Kefir, Clabbered Milk, Cheese, Whey, and more!

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Rash?

Postby rendinghearts on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:22 am

I recently found cow's milk dairy kefir resolved my child's 8 year long battle with severe constipation. However, since switching from store-bought to homemade she is complaining of painful skin. I've found 3 spots that have a rash and I am wondering if it is the dairy kefir? About a week into the store-bought, I did note some "dry skin" that looked similar on her arm, but it didn't bother her. This new rash hurts and burns. It seems to come on early evening and is gone by morning (I put CO on it). No other symptoms, but that she is finally regular and not in pain. I hate to stop it and go back to nasty laxatives, but is it a possible "die-off" like symptom? Has anyone else experienced something like this? It should be noted, I tapered her up over 2 weeks with the store bought to 8 oz. a day and then only started giving her homemade 3 days ago at 4 oz. a day. I knew the homemade would be more potent, so I cut the amount in half.

I gave her coconut water kefir this AM instead, but she barely drank any. I also tried coconut kefir that I made, but that was a no-go.

Any feedback would be appreciated
rendinghearts

Re: Rash?

Postby Gutted on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:42 am

rendinghearts wrote:I recently found cow's milk dairy kefir resolved my child's 8 year long battle with severe constipation. However, since switching from store-bought to homemade she is complaining of painful skin. I've found 3 spots that have a rash and I am wondering if it is the dairy kefir? About a week into the store-bought, I did note some "dry skin" that looked similar on her arm, but it didn't bother her. This new rash hurts and burns. It seems to come on early evening and is gone by morning (I put CO on it). No other symptoms, but that she is finally regular and not in pain. I hate to stop it and go back to nasty laxatives, but is it a possible "die-off" like symptom? Has anyone else experienced something like this? It should be noted, I tapered her up over 2 weeks with the store bought to 8 oz. a day and then only started giving her homemade 3 days ago at 4 oz. a day. I knew the homemade would be more potent, so I cut the amount in half.

I gave her coconut water kefir this AM instead, but she barely drank any. I also tried coconut kefir that I made, but that was a no-go.

Any feedback would be appreciated

When is your daughters birthday, day and month is all that is needed? It's just a theory I have and it might be relevant.

That is because her constipation could be due to her inability to express her emotions and the persons birthday has been a factor but I need more statistics before I know how relevant it is. Inability to express certain emotions, which I would be able to tell you about, is certainly the cause with me and several other people that I know. I am attempting to eliminate it, the underlying cause of the constipation. There are other methods which might be helpful also.

If it goes on into her adulthood then she could develop haemorrhoids (UK spelling).

As to the kefir, the organisms can vary a lot so it's difficult to know what she might be reacting to. Feeding her soup bone broth might be helpful. Soup broth can work very well to seal hyper permeability of the stomach and gut which can cause immune reactions such as skin problems. Fixing it early would be very helpful to her IMO.
Gutted

Re: Rash?

Postby Tdlotus@gmail.com on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi there, I have tried home grow milk kefir several times and about day 4-5 I get a rash on the inside of my hip bone, maybe large intestine. I get really frustrated because I love the taste and energy from the kefir but it gets too painful after a few days to stay on it. What I have been doing is going off and then trying again later but so far results are the same. I have had die offs from other ferments but never this intense so titrating is my best solution at this point. Have you had any other successes since February?
Tdlotus@gmail.com

Return to Dairy Ferments