Automatic log-out settings

Everything else!

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Automatic log-out settings

Postby CulturedCascadian on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:37 am

I just typed up a reply to somebody and lost the whole thing because the board logged me out. However, it hadn't been very long at all since I had logged in, so I wasn't expecting it.

Is there a way to set log-in session durations?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I did want to ask. Thanks!
CulturedCascadian

Re: Automatic log-out settings

Postby Christopher Weeks on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:32 am

Weird. I don't see anything like that in the User Control Panel and I don't experience that.

As admin, I have to go into a whole different tool than the normal forum software in order to authorize new users and every several (six?) weeks, it requires me to log in again. But that's the closest thing I've seen to what you're describing and I've never lost a post because of that.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Re: Automatic log-out settings

Postby Gutted on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:54 pm

I did just have to log in again. I do not know how long it has been since I last logged in, it's been around a week or more since I last visited but I think I was logged in then. I do not know whether anything has been changed to affect the logins.

There is a box to tick when you log in "Log me on automatically each visit" so make sure that is ticked when you log in.

BTW There is an extension for Firefox based browsers called Lazarus which remembers post data so you can recall any lost posts on forums etc which I find very useful especially for forums with ridiculously short session times where they can trash a persons posts if they do not post quickly enough.
Gutted

Return to Miscellaneous