Rejuvelac base like water kefir or for pop

Kombucha, sodas, water kefir, rejuvelac, kvass, and more...

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

Rejuvelac base like water kefir or for pop

Postby juice on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 am

Hi all, this is my first post to this forum. I really enjoyed the book a few months ago and discovered this forum from a google search. Just felt like sharing something from my experience...

I have been making rejuvelac for years (off & on), had been making kefir in milk for years (off & on - I stopped a few months ago as my body tells me, when I ask it, that it doesn't really want dairy), had been making water kefir, wines, pops (yeast & lacto) and of course some other kinds of ferments.

A few months ago I lost my water grains, and since moving I didn't bother getting more. I liked the taste, especially with the fruits & sugars. I discovered that by treating my grains (currently I'm just using rice) with the same stuff as I used to do with water kefir that the result is very similar. Ginger, raisins, fruits, juices, sugar, molasses... whatever... it's all good. You'd be surprised with what I put into my brews (hmmm... maybe I'll start a new thread about that).

Add fruits, ginger, juices, and other goodies to your rejuvelac, you'll likely like the results, and can always adjust from your experiments in future batches.

Use rejuvelac as a base or starter for a bunch of things, like soda pop.

After a few days of enjoying your brews save a cup of "juice" to start a new jar with.

Enjoy your brews!
juice

Return to Tonic Beverage Ferments