New Aussie

This is the only forum where new users will have permission to post until they have been verified as a real participant by a moderator.

Moderator: Christopher Weeks

New Aussie

Postby rach_h on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi, my I am a Mum to 3 boys (one of them having ASD and global dyspraxia) and have been married for 14 years.

I currently study full time at university to be a Registered Nurse and work as an Enrolled Nurse in aged care.

I am new to fermenting, although I have used water kefir before.

I decided to try fermentation due to having some stomach problems. I had my gallbladder out a little over 12 months ago and have since found out I have Coeliac and IBS (some foods affect my but not a large amount). I am hoping the IBS will get fixed once I have been able to heal my stomach. That is where fermenting drinks will hopefully help.

I sourced a Kombucha SCOBY from my cousin and currently have that fermenting on my kitchen bench in a glass drink dispenser (6L).

I am wanting to try water and milk kefir and to also make my own ginger beer as I drink that with some meals, but mainly in the evening to help my digestion (no idea how it helps but it does).

Anyway, that is my essay about myself and thanks for reading.
rach_h

Re: New Aussie

Postby Christopher Weeks on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:21 am

Welcome to Wild Fermentation!
Christopher Weeks
Nuka Ninja

Re: New Aussie

Postby rach_h on Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:17 pm

Thanks Christopher :D
rach_h

Return to New Users Post an Introduction Here